Click on the image to read the government press release.
Woodcroft Organisation for March 8th
We have now begin to finalise planning following the most recent Government Guidance. Arrangements will be very similar to those that were put in place in September which aimed to:
- Ensure pupils, parents and staff are as safe as possible
- Enable the school maintain the highest standards of COVID security
- Support everyone’s well-being when school opens fully
- Maintain a continuity of learning
This will be achieved by:
- Staff only working in only one year group
- Retaining staff in the same year groups where possible facilitating immediate familiarity with the curriculum
- Each year group will have a nominated senior teacher to provide integrated support and inbuilt cover release
Staggered entry 8.30am – 8.55am
Pupils can arrive at school between 8.30am and 8.55am and go directly into class. Families will follow the current one way system for drop off.
Lessons will start at 8.55am
Please ensure you are on time. We advise that pupils are in school by 8.45am to benefit from early work support from teachers.
Pupils will have staggered break times within their year groups. They will not mix with other pupils.
Children will have staggered lunchtimes within their year groups and will not mix on the playground with other pupils.
End of the Day Collection between 3.00pm to 3.15pm
Lessons will finish at 3.00pm. Children who walk home from school will be dismissed at 3.00pm. Parents will be able to collect children between 3.00pm and 3.15pm. We have a marked queuing area at the front and back of school.
We will continue to operate our one way system. Please watch the video here if you need a reminder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11bcc2-2nQ5Jh_D4hC75XOZorXGDoe2uC/view?usp=sharing
Teachers have been asked not to talk at length with parents at the end of the day to avoid hold ups. We also ask that parents and carers leave the school promptly after pick-up to avoid congestion.
It is important to remember that we will expect all adults to maintain the social distance rule while on site.
Mask should be worn at all times on school premises. We understand that not everyone is able to wear a mask. Those who are exempted can display their exemption tags/lanyards to reassure the rest of the community.
The Woodcroft Learning Continuity Plan
We expect that there might be times when individuals, classes or even the whole school is asked to self-isolate. To overcome further disruption to learning we continue to adopt our Learning Continuity Plan.
What to expect online:
- Weekly learning schedules published online in the class Google Classroom
- Daily activities and lessons published via Google Classroom
- Termly topics and resources published online on the Treehouse. This will include essential knowledge, vocabulary lists, writing checklists, spellings, stories and videos
Other Important Information
We will be wearing full uniform. Howveer, we have temporarily relaxed our policy on school shoes until all non essential shops are open. Children can wear alternative footwear, e.g. trainers, if their shoes no longer fit.
Our coaches will continue to provide 1 hour of PE per class. This will be mainly outside or in the main hall. They will remain socially distant from the pupils and thoroughly clean equipment between use.
Pupil wear their blue PE uniform on PE days.
No staff or pupils will be able to visit the library this term. Each class will have a Library Book Box delivered each half term.
8.00am Breakfast Club will be available at a cost of £1.50 per day. Please register and book via the school office. Children will be seated within year group areas to maintain their bubbles.
Acorns After School Club
We hope Acorns after school club can return to running a restricted service from 15th March . But this is subject to sufficient numbers of parents requesting the provision. We will need to maintain social distancing between pupils from different year groups so this involved some detailed planning.
Extra Curricular Clubs
We are not planning on restarting any extra curricular clubs during the spring term. However, we are currently looking at ways to restart clubs run by external coaches later in the summer term.
Other Things to Remember:
- The office window will remain closed. Please email or call
- Every child needs their own personal water bottle. They will take it home every day to wash and refill. All water fountains are turned off for safety reasons. We will not be able to supply water bottles if they forget to bring them.
- Remember to provide your child with a personal pencil case to leave in school. See Newsletter Issue 385 for a list of suitable items to include.
If children exhibit any symptoms of COVID19 we request that they are kept home form school in line with Government guidelines.
Please inform the office immediately so that we can take any appropriate action to maintain everyone’s safety.
Going Back to School
For children and families who have anxiety about returning the following presentation may be helpful …
click to view the slide show
School Risk Assessment and COVID19 Response Strategy
Staff and governors have carried out a series of risk assessments and associated planning based on the latest guidance to ensure the school’s safe opening on March 8th. These documents are shared below:
If you would like to comment on any of the above plans please email: email@example.com